Where It All Started

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 340

#np - Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson


Confession:  I'm a HUGE Honey Boo Boo fan.  And for some reason I'm really in touch with my redneck side when I'm watching the show (Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on TLC).  Growing up, my family wasn't a redneck family.  We didn't do any of the stereotypical activities that you see on TV.  But I'm CRAZY protective of them.  I don't know what it is.  I feel the same need to defend when people make fun of Kentuckians.  I don't like it.  If you already don't like rednecks, for whatever reason you've come up with that couldn't possibly be simply because you've lumped them all into a group that you'd never want to be in or around, I suppose Honey Boo Boo (real name - Alana) and her family (Mama, Sugar Bear, Pumpkin, Chubbs, Chickadee, and Glitzy the pig) is a little much for you.  But I find them to be sincere and funny.

I just hope Honey Boo Boo doesn't hate herself when she is an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment